As a teacher I’ve organized activities for my students to explore 2 dimensional and 3 dimensional shapes using toothpicks and marshmallows. I decided to create this same activity for my children with Play-Doh, because they love to play with Play-Doh and toothpicks. Since they are younger than my students I made cards to help them build 2D and 3D shapes.
How To make, Build A Shape Cards
- Index cards or card stock
- Black Sharpie
- Laminating machine or clear packing tape
- Decide which 2D & 3D shapes you will draw.
- Title each card with the shape name and type.
- Draw a picture of the shape on the card.
- Draw dots and lines to represent the amount of toothpicks and Play-Doh balls needed.
- Laminate the cards. If you don’t have a laminating machine use clear packing tape to cover the cards.